HERE ARE SOME THINGS WE TALKED ABOUT:
- Tom talks about his experience in the mental health space, about his book that will be released next year, and he reflects on how 2020 has changed the mental health landscape.
- We discuss the huge shift in the need for telehealth resources in 2020 due to the pandemic and how there will be a huge market for it even after the pandemic is finished.
- Tom shares what he calls the three P’s for mental health and addiction recovery: 1) People, 2) Place, and 3) Purpose, and how long-term solutions need to take these three things into consideration.
- Tom shares what he thinks is the recipe for a good startup company in this space and tips for how to build and grow in this space.
- We talk about how the current system is broken for patients and their families when insurers and companies are the ones footing the bill and at the same time, trying to reduce costs for het sake of profit.
- We discuss how we could tear down the whole system and build something new!
- Tom shares his idea for what hasn’t been done yet for the mental health space but that could be a true game changer he would like to see by 2030.
- Finally, Tom weighs in on the use of psychedelics in the treatment of mental disorders.